Interested in joining the Chicago Bruise Brothers? Here’s how!
We have an open rolling recruitment. This means that anyone is welcome to show up at any time to begin their derby career. Because our training is personalized to each skater, no one is ever “behind” – we all develop and learn at different paces. We keep your goals and skating ability in mind every practice!
We typically meet at the Lombard Roller Rink at 201 West 22nd Street, Lombard, IL, every Wednesday from 8:30pm to 10:30pm and Sunday from 9:30am to 11:30am. During our Off-Season (Dec. 1 – January 10th), we only practicing Wednesdays nights, taking Sundays off. We’d be happy to have you join us!!
As a skater owned and operated league, we understand the value of a right here, right now attitude; there is no better time to begin! We have open doors and open arms for all of you wanting to become part of this amazing organization.
Check out the CBB Calendar and come to any of our practices for more in-person information.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE CHICAGO BRUISE BROTHERS
1. All new potential members must fulfill the following before participating in practice (we have these forms available at the rink):
- Sign a medical risk waiver
- Fill out a contact/emergency contact
- Sign image release
2. All new potential members must have complete safety gear (click for a gear guide!) on before skating. This means helmet, knee and elbow pads, wrist guards and a mouth guard. We have all of this gear available as loaners to get you started (Except mouth guards… bring your own mouth guard)
3. All new potential members may participate in a limited capacity (non-contact) before purchasing WFTDA insurance.
4. All new potential members will pay dues after their first month of practice and are asked to pay $5/practice for their first month.
5. All new members must sign off that they have read and will comply with CBB Policies.
Typical Skater Progression: Attend Meet & Greet recruitment event, complete paper work, participate in two trial practices, sign CBB Policies, join freshmeat Training, complete freshmeat Training, take and pass WFTDA Minimum Skill Requirements and written test of the rules of flat track roller derby, play in bouts!